Monday, April 6, 2009

JOYISM! Show Friday, May 1, 2009

This picture is from my last sharing at the Potter's House in Washington, DC. That's me playing "Mary", my great-grandmother who made her living "scrubbing white people's floors". The piece is called "The Mother Project," and Mary is one of many women in my family I am creating dances for.

Dance with me people! This is the beginning of great things. Pray for me, love me, celebrate the eternal dance with me! On May 1st I will produce my first full show ever. This is an exciting inaugural experience. Beautiful people from all over are offering their time, services, artistry, and money to make this JOYISM! seed a success.

You can be a part of the action and come to the show. Purchase tickets on the right!

peace and more dancing :)
binahkaye JOY
Visionary Space Activator & Artistic Director

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for honoring alot of our grandmothers who cleaned floors in order to raise our community to the next level. This kind of work was pivotal in holding our family together.

    Sari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching your show @ the Potter's House brought tears to my eyes. You totally informed, entertained and engaged all of us who were part of the audience. Though I work with you with the Saartjie Project, I realize that your dimension of talent is limitless and you are truly art-inspiring.
    I totally adore you and your work and can't wait to see what more you have in store for us!!!

    Shine on Binahkaye Joy!!!

    ReplyDelete