Monday, January 3, 2011

Binahkaye Joy's dance journey is featured for New Years!

The New Year is off to a great start in Trinidad! I spent the first day of 2011 writing about the intimate backstory of what it has taken to manifest JOYISM!'s Trinidad dance residency, the divine evolution of my career, and much more. I was invited by Imani A. Love of the HEALING BLACK WOMANHOOD BLOG to be a part of an exciting interview series of phenomenal women doing awesome things in their careers and the world. I was honored to be the New Year 2011 featured writer.

Here's an excerpt:
"....My journey over the past few years of getting to this point has been divinely tumultuous. Everyday that I breathe in the abundant island air, I am overwhelmed with thanksgiving and awesome wonder that “I did it!” After a series of traumatic losses, seasons of depression, physical challenges that at times inhibited my ability to dance the way I wanted to, and painful “truth-ache” lessons that inevitably expanded my awareness about life and love—I can honestly say that I am here…and still coming...."

Full story at THE HEALING BLACK WOMANHOOD BLOG

~~~~
Stay tuned to the JOYISM! blog and be a part of my dance journeys in Trinidad. Subscribe to the blog, join JOYISM!'s mailing list, "like" JOYISM! on facebook--stay connected to the dance!

Contribute! Make a donation to JOYISM!'s Trinidad dance residency at any time. Your support is always appreciated and is strengthening my ability to create dance and peaceful exchanges with communities around the world. Find out more about my program in Trinidad at www.dancejoyism.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment