Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Opening

Photo: Pre-OSA Dance 600, in May 2006 in Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia, teaching African dance class to women at a nightclub.


April 18, 2007
The first day of OSA Dance 600
Grand Foyer of the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Washington, DC, USA
2 hours, start 4:08pm

What is OSA Dance?
Open Space Activation Dance: I energize and am energized by the space around me. I connect with myself and with the global family in public spaces around the world by dancing. I find an inner music most time, or move to the rhythms around me. I abandon ego and dive into the curious now of the space, whether a subway train, a museum, a bus stop, a playground...whatever it is. This is my life's work. I am also embarking on a self-healing. Everything in my life is shifting rapidly. Or everything has always been shifting and now I am surrendering to the flow. The movement keeps my mind in more present places.

What is OSA Dance 600?
For the next 600 days I will be dancing for at least 60 minutes a day in public space, wherever I am in the world. This blog will record the experiences of my my journey and be the roots of a website forthcoming where the whole world can participate in my journey and of course...DANCE WITH ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment